Who Is Vanisha Pathak? She has made her parents proud by becoming one of Bhopal's CBSE Class Xth toppers. However, her parents are not there to celebrate this achievement with her. They succumbed to COVID-19 in May during the second wave.
Here's what you need to know about Vanisha Pathak
- She is a 16-year-ols girl from Bhopal.
- She is a student of Carmel Convent, BHEL.
- She has scored 99.8%. in class X exams. She scored perfect 100 in English, Sanskrit and Science. She scored 97 in Maths.
- Her father Jeetendra Kumar Pathak was a financial advisor while her mother Dr Seema Pathak worked as a government school teacher.
- In an interview with TOI, she said that she has to overcome her grief and move ahead in life for her younger brother. He is 10 years old and extremely passionate about cricket. In fact, Vanisha is planning to enrol him into a cricket academy once the pandemic comes to an end
- "The last thing my mother said to me was 'just believe in yourself... we will back soon'. The last words of my father were 'beta, himmat rakhna' (stay strong, my child)," she told NDTV
- She aspires to be in IIT or crack UPSC and serve the nation and fulfil her father's dream.
- She lost her mother on 4 May and within a few days she lost her father too.
- She is passionate about writing poems. She has also written one for her father. In fact, she uses the medium of writing poems to deal with her parents' death
- She and her brother are now living with her maternal uncle Dr Ashok Kumar. He is a professor at Govt MVM College in Bhopal.