Who is Shrutii Sharma? The trailer for Netflix’s upcoming film Pagglait was unveiled today. Featuring actor Sanya Malhotra in the lead, the film, directed by Umesh Bist, Pagglait is the story of a young widow who is struggling to grapple with the sudden demise of her husband and find her own identity. The film will also mark the debut of television actor Shrutii Sharma.
Pagglait will have an OTT release on March 26, 2021. The comedy-drama has been produced by Balaji Motion Pictures and Sikhya Entertainment. Along with Shruti Sharma and Malhotra, the film also features Sheeba Chaddha, Sayani Gupta, Ashutosh Rana and Rajesh Tailang.
Here’s the trailer of Pagglait:
In case you have been wondering why does Shrutii Sharma sound such a familiar name, here are five things to know about the television actor:
1. The 26-year-old TV actor was born in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. She was a banker by profession before she joined the entertainment industry.
2. Sharma made her debut with the reality show India’s Next Superstars in the year 2018.
3. She has also worked in popular Hindi dramas such as Namak Issk Ka (2020), Nazar (2018), and Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka (2019).
4. Prior to making her debut in Bollywood, Shrutii Sharma worked in regional films. In 2019, she starred alongside comedian Naveen Polishetty in Telugu film Agent Sai Srinivasa Athreya.
5. Sharma is reportedly dating actor Abrar Qazi of Yeh Hai Chahatein fame. the two worked together in the daily soap Gathbandhan. However, Sharma refuted the claims last year in December, saying that Qazi was just a close friend. “We are very good friends. We live near-by, we have worked together and spend a lot of time together. While he takes care of me and my mom, I take care of him since his family is in Kashmir. Abrar and I are very good friends but you never know how the future unfolds for us,” Sharma said.
Photo credit: Shrutii Sharma/ Instagram
We request you to support our award-winning journalism by making a financial contribution towards our efforts. Your funds will ensure we can continue to bring you amazing stories of women, and the impact they are making and spotlight half the country's population because they deserve it.