Who Is Sania Ashiq: The MLA of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) from Taxila assembly constituency of Punjab, Pakistan lodged a complaint with the police after an obscene video of hers went viral on social media.
Ashiq has been a critic on Imran Khan-led government and has close connections with former Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif. The politician had filed the complaint regarding the viral video in October after which the investigation agencies initiated the probe. The police have arrested on accused in the case but they have not revealed his identity. The officials have also not clarified whether the woman seen in the obscene video is Sania Ashiq or some other woman.
Here's everything you need to know about Sania Ashiq
- She was born and raised in Lahore, Pakistan.
- She is 28 years old.
- She has received a degree of Pharmacy-D (Doctor of Pharmacy) from the University of Punjab.
- At the age of 25, she became the youngest member of the Punjab Assembly to be elected in 2018 general election
- She had committed herself to the uplift of women of her province.
- Sania came to know about the video last month. She quickly informed the government and the Central Investigation Agency about the whole thing.
- It is being claimed that she is the woman in the video but she has denied it all. She has also complained about this to the central government of Imran Khan. After an investigation that lasted three months, a person has been arrested from Lahore but his details have not been revealed.
- It is also being claimed that Sania is close to former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif's daughter Maryam Nawaz.
- As per some reports, she has been getting threatening phone calls.
- In an interview with Pakistan Today, she said, "Six people have made my video viral on social media. Apart from this, some of my pictures have also been made viral on social media platforms. Since then I am getting threatening phone calls."