Who Is Saba Qamar: The Hindi Medium star has landed in trouble for shooting a ‘dance video’ at a historical mosque in Lahore. A local court in Pakistan on Wednesday issued arrest warrants in case registered against her. Lahore’s magistrate court issued bailable warrants for Qamar and singer Bilal Saeed as they have been repeatedly missing court appearances. The next hearing in the case is scheduled for October 6.
She has been criticised on social media for her act. Qamar, in her defence, said that the music video featured a scene of Nikah ( marriage). “It was neither shot with any sort of playback music nor has it been edited to the music track,” she stated. Read more about the case here.
Here’s what you need to know about Saba Qamar
- She was born on April 5 in Hyderabad and moved to Gujranwala after the early demise of her father. Gujranwala was her mother’s hometown.
- She has been inclined towards acting since childhood.
- She rose to fame with two dramas Jinnah Ke Naam and Dhoop Me Dungeon Hai in the year 2007.
- She is known for her roles in films like Manto, Lahore Se Aagey, 8969, Hindi Medium and Moomal Rano.
- Jinnah Ke Naam, Yahan Pyar Nahin Hai, Shehryar Shehzadi, Dastaan, Pani Jaisa Pyar, Tinkay, Tera Pyar Nahin Bhoole, Jo Chalay To Jaan Se Guzar Gaye, Thakan, Mein Chand Si, Kanpur Se Katas Tak, Shikwa Na Shikayat and Maat ahve been some of the television serials she has appeared in.
- She is touted as one of Pakistan’s highest-paid celebrities.
- Qamar has received several awards like four Lux Style Awards, Pride of Performance (2016) and was also honoured with Tamgha-e-Imtiaz by the Government of Pakistan.
- She was in news for calling off her engagement with Azeem Khan, the Australian-based-Pakistani blogger and entrepreneur citing personal reasons. She asked her fans to support her in these difficult times.
- She is an avid reader. “Bano Qudsia and Ashfaque Ahmed are among my all-time favourites”, she once said in an interview.