Who is Hyeri: The member of the South Korean girl group Girl’s Day celebrated her 27th birthday by making a thoughtful donation for young women.
In celebration of her birthday on June 9, Hyeri from girl’s Day donated 50 million Won to UNICEF’s “We=She Campaign”. The campaign was launched to provide hygiene products for young women and girls.
Hyeri shared that there are a lot of young women who face difficulties because they do not have hygienic products during their periods. She shared that she would like to contribute to making a change for them.
“My heart hurts to hear that there are many female students who don’t go to school because there are no separate bathrooms for boys and girls at school. I hope this gives at least a little support so that all young girls can mature happily in safe and clean environments.” the idol actor said.
Lee Ki Chul, the Secretary-General of UNICEF’s Korean Committee also acknowledged Hyer’s donation, “Benefactor Hyeri has delivered a warm gift for her birthday. Although she’s the youngest member of the Honors Club, Hyeri’s generous heart, which cares for her surroundings and acts thoughtfully, is deeper and broader than anyone else,” he said.
The Secretary-General also said that Hyeri has set a lot of examples for everyone else, including him and the other employees in UNICEF. “The funds that they received from Hyer’s donation will be used to create a safe and clean world for young girls in developing countries.
Who Is Hyeri?
- Lee Hyeri is a member of the South Korean girl group Girl’s Day formed under Dream T Entertainment in 2010.
- Girl’s Day has not disbanded officially yet but all the members have now left their agency Dream T Entertainment. In January 2019, it was reported that all of the members would join separate agencies without officially disbanding.
- In 2019, Hyeri officially became the youngest member of UNICEF’s Honors Club after donating 100 million Won towards UNICEF’s global campaign “Schools for Asia.”
- The idol-actor has starred in several hit K-dramas. She is well-known for her role in Reply 1988. Hyeri is also currently in tvN’s My Roommate Is A Gumiho where she is seen on screen with Jang Ki Yong.
- Hyeri ranked third in Forbes Korea Power Celebrity list in 2016 and is also one of the highest-paid commercial models in South Korea.