Who is Anjana Om Kashyap: Today the well-known Indian anchor turns 46 and is wished by many. To celebrate her life, co-workers, and people not only from the journalism industry, have sent their well-wishes to Kashyap.
Anjana Om Kashyap is currently working as the Senior Executive Editor of the Hindi news channel Aaj Tak. She graduated from Jamia Millia Islamia with a degree in Journalism. Kashyap then went on to enrol herself at the Delhi School of Social Work for her post-graduation. The 46-year-old has exhibited strong leadership qualities ever since her younger days.
Who Is Anjana Om Kashyap?
- Anjana Om Kashyap started her career in journalism in 2003 and is present in the industry today.
- Kashyap often mentions that her participation in different community work and field visits from her social work days has inculcated a spirit of public activism in her.
- Kashyap is married to Mangesh Kashyap, an officer of the 1995 Delhi, Andaman, and Nicobar Islands Police Service cadre. The couple has a son and daughter.
- Kashyap joined Doordarshan after her graduation. A year later, she joined Zee News. While she wanted to be an anchor, the channel said that she lacked speaking finesse.
- In her later years at Zee News, she improved her skills and passed the auditions. Kashyap was occasionally used as an anchor on special events from there.
- In 2017, she then went to News 24 where she had the job of anchoring full time. In 2012, she joined Aaj Tak and settled there. She is now one of the senior heads in the news channel.
- Kashyap has been criticised often for her alleged propagation of Hindutva. Her reporting of the 2019 Supreme Court proceedings regarding the Ayodhya dispute was also the topic of many debates questioning an alleged bias in her reports.
- Kashyap took to limelight when she became one of the few reporters who were allowed to interview Narendra Modi in the 2019 elections. She was criticised for not asking enough challenging questions to him.