Aaliyah Kashyap, the daughter of renowned filmmaker Anurag Kashyap, held her engagement party in Mumbai, graced by the attendance of various notable personalities, including Suhana Khan and Khushi Kapoor.
During the earlier part of this year, Aaliyah Kashyap formally exchanged engagement promises with her partner, Shane Gregoire, who is from the United States. In a recent development, the couple orchestrated an engagement festivity in Mumbai, which garnered the presence of their intimate circle of friends and family. The occasion attracted numerous well-known figures from the entertainment realm, captured on camera as they made their entrance to the venue.
Watch the engagement images here.
Aaliyah's partner in attendance was Suhana Khan, Shah Rukh Khan's daughter, who added to the elegance of the event. Among the distinguished guests were Anjini Dhawan, Varun Dhawan's niece, and Khushi Kapoor, Aaliyah's intimate friend, who also shared in the celebration.
Notable personalities gracing the engagement affair included Alavia Jaffery, daughter of Javed Jaffery, as well as Agastya Nanda and esteemed filmmaker Imtiaz Ali. It's worth highlighting that Kalki Koechlin, Anurag Kashyap's former spouse, attended with her partner Guy Hershberg and their daughter Sappho, lending a special charm to the gathering.
Who is Aaliyah Kashyap? Here are 10 things to know about her:
1. Aaliyah Kashyap was born on January 9, 2001, in Mumbai, to filmmaker Anurag Kashyap and his ex-wife Aarti Bajaj, who is a film editor.
2. According to the Hindustan Times, she studied at Chapman University in Southern California.
3. Kashyap is the new brand ambassador for designer Babita Malkani’s brand.
4. The 22-year-old started her own YouTube channel during the pandemic.
5. Aaliyah Kashyap is reportedly a close friend of late actor Sridevi’s younger daughter, Khushi Kapoor.
6. She made headlines earlier this year for filming a documentary on the education of girls for her school.
7. In a video she uploaded on her YouTube channel in 2020, Kashyap shared that she is a highly sensitive person and even the smallest things affect her. Sharing a recent incident Aaliyah Kashyap revealed that she received tremendous hate on Instagram for posting pictures in lingerie. She said she was called a 'prostitute' and people asked her for her 'rate'.
Check out the video here:
8. Kashyap, who has been open about her relationship with her boyfriend Shane, revealed during a QnA session how the two deal with their relationship issues. "We don't really have arguments, but if we do, we just communicate instead of fighting and screaming," she said.
9. Despite growing up in Bollywood, the 22-year-old says that she has no plans to join the film industry. She further revealed that Bollywood does not fascinate her, and she is trying to stay away from the industry.
10. Aaliyah Kashyap was featured on the cover page of Peacock's 2018 issue, a popular fashion magazine. She was seen along with actor Chunkey Panday's niece and nephew, Alanna and Ahaan Panday.
Image Credits: Aaliyah Kashyap/Instagram
Suggested Reading: Who All Graced Aaliyah Kashyap's Engagement Party? See Here