Even the sky isn’t the limit for Indian Air Force Wing Commander Shruti Chauhan, who is foraying into the world of beauty pageants alongside her job as a transport pilot.
The 38-year-old came in the spotlight after her win at her first-ever beauty pageant Mrs India Inc World Beauty Pageant 2021 that took place in January.
At present, Chauhan is gearing up for her next pageant Mrs Galaxy 2021, which was originally scheduled for June last year. After serving in the Indian Air Force for 16 years, Shruti Chauhan will be representing India at the competition, which would take place in Chicago.
In an interview with Indian Express, the Wing Commander revealed that she has trained online for over two months and the ramp walk practice happened a week before the competition.
Here are 7 things to know about the IAF Wing Commander Shruti Chauhan:
- The transport pilot participated in her first beauty pageant, the Mrs India Inc World Beauty Pageant 2021 that took place earlier this year.
- Recently, Chauhan was also conferred with the Maharashtra Women Achievers Award and the Iconic Women Award by SDP International.
- The Indian Air Force Wing Commander is involved in social causes such as children of sex workers and families of martyrs.
- In an interview, she talked about the social causes she works for apart from her duty and said, “I try to help the children of sex workers to get a proper respectable life in society. Being attached to the defence forces, I also help families, especially children who have lost the only earning member of their family, either in war or due to tensions at the borders”.
- The 38-year-old was persuaded by one of her juniors to take part in her first pageant, Mrs India Inc World Beauty Pageant 2021.
- Chauhan claimed the second runner up’s place in the competition while she was serving in the Air Force.
- She hails from Pune and is presently posted in IAF, Guwahati.