Radhika Apte turns 37 this year on September 7. With her talent as an artist, the actor has carved out a niche for herself in Bollywood. Along with the Hindi film industry, she performs in regional cinema. She has acted in films that are in Tamil, Marathi, Malayalam, Telugu, and Bengali.
Her performances in films like Andhadhun, Padman, Manjhi-The Mountain Man, and Badlapur have made her a household name for her supporting roles. She received additional attention for her major roles in the 2016 independent films Phobia and Parched. She starred in three Netflix original projects that include the horror miniseries Ghoul and the suspense series Sacred Games. For her work in Lust Stories, she received an international Emmy nomination.
Few people are aware that the actor who has earned a spot among the top actors in Bollywood also made her directing debut with the film The Sleepwalkers, which stars Gulshan Devaiah and Shahana Goswami. There are a lot of lesser-known facts about the actor; in light of her special day, here are a few of them.
Radhika Apte Birthday Special:
-Apte graduated with dual degrees in mathematics and economics from Fergusson College, one of the most esteemed universities in the nation.
-She is multilingual; her language skills include Marathi, English, Hindi, Bengali, Tamil, Telugu, and Malayalam.
-She spent eight years learning Kathak with renowned performer Rohini Bhate. The Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance in London also provided her with instruction in modern dance.
-She began acting in plays and theatre before branching out into Marathi and other regional films and breaking into the Bollywood film industry.
– Apte debuted in Bollywood in 2005. She portrayed Kapoor’s sister in the Shahid Kapoor-starring movie Vaah! Life Ho Toh Aisi. Apte got her first lead role in a Bengali movie named Antaheen in 2009. However, she got fame in the Hindi film industry with Shor in the City, which was released in 2015, ten years after her Bollywood debut in 2005.
– At the 2016 Tribecca Film Festival, Apte became the first actor of Indian descent to win Best Actor in an International Narrative Feature for Anurag Kashyap’s Madly.
– The actor is married to musician Benedict Taylor. She and Taylor were longtime lovers before getting married in 2012, but because of their respective work schedules, they have been living apart ever since.
– The two met for the first time in 2011 when Apte travelled to London to study contemporary dance.
– Apte said in 2013 that she wore her grandmother’s old saree with holes for her wedding. She stated that her grandmother is her favourite person in the entire world.
– In her teen years, Radhika Apte acknowledged having a huge crush on Shah Rukh Khan.