Sam Bombay arrested: Actor Poonam Pandey filed a complaint against her husband Sam Bombay with the Bandra police station on November 8, accusing him of assault. Following her complaint, Bombay was arrested by the Mumbai police. Pandey, on the other hand, is being treated for multiple injuries after being admitted to a hospital.
This isn’t the first time Pandey has lodged a complaint against her husband for domestic abuse. She had also done the same in Goa last year, accusing her husband of beating her while on their honeymoon.
Here are ten things to know about Sam Bombay’s arrest:
1. Model-turned-actor Poonam Pandey reportedly suffered injuries on her face, eyes and head due to the assault.
2. She approached the Bandra police station on Monday and filed an official complaint against her husband Sam Bombay.
3. The police registered a case against Bombay under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code and arrested him the same day.
4. After filing the complaint, the actor was admitted to a city-based hospital.
5. Bombay and Pandey tied the knot in September last year, after being in a live-in relationship for a couple of years.
6. While on their honeymoon in Goa the same month, Pandey approached the Goa police, alleging that her husband had threatened, molested and physically assaulted her.
7. However, the actor had reconciled with her husband soon, saying, “which marriage doesn’t have its ups and downs”.
8. She had alleged in an interview that she had suffered from a brain haemorrhage due to domestic violence.
9. Speaking about her decision to reconcile, Pandey said, “Because he is just crying in front of me and I really don’t know what to do? Every time he just beat me up and later starts crying saying sorry.” Pandey further added that while her husband had promised it will not happen again and her will treat her good, this (domestic abuse) is something he keeps doing always.
10. Sam Bombay also goes by the name Sam Ahmed.
We request you to support our award-winning journalism by making a financial contribution towards our efforts. Your funds will ensure we can continue to bring you amazing stories of women, and the impact they are making and spotlight half the country's population because they deserve it.