Five things to know about Ameesha Patel cheque bounce case: Actor Ameesha Patel has been asked to provide a written response by the Jharkhand High Court, in concern with a petition against her alleging fraud. The petitioner has accused Patel of cheque bounce fraud worth Rs 2.5 crores. Patel is known for her work in Bollywood films like Kaho Na… Pyaar Hai, Gadar: Ek Prem Katha, Bhool Bhulaiyaa, Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd. and Humraaz.
Here are five things to know about the cheque bounce fraud case against Ameesha Patel:
1. A man named Ajay Kumar Singh claimed in his petition that he met Ameesha Patel in 2017, after which she got him to invest in her upcoming film.
2. According to the petitioner, he transferred Rs 2.5 crore into the actor’s bank account.
3. He further claimed that Ameesha Patel did not proceed with the film and didn’t pay back his money either.
4. When he got to know that the film has been shelved, the petitioner asked the actor to pay his money back. Following this Patel allegedly provided the petitioner with a cheque that bounced in the bank.
5. The next hearing in the case is scheduled in two weeks and both the parties have been directed to provide a written clarification.
Picture Credit: Filmibeat