Who is Richa Ghosh? Indian women’s ODI team is fighting a tough battle against Australia in the first 50 over match of the scheduled three, currently underway in Mackay. While Australain batswomen seems to be cruising towards the 226 run target, some performances from the Indian team have been noteworthy in today’s match. One of them being of ODI debutant batswoman Richa Ghosh, who scored 32 runs, playing a big role in putting a decent score for team India.
Leading the pack, ODI captain Mithali Raj scored her fifth consecutive fifty, in an innings of 61 runs off 107 balls. Raj also surpassed the 20,000 career runs mark today. However, a weak performance by opening and some middle-order batswomen kept India from setting up an impressive target. Nevertheless, Ghosh’s blinding 32 off 29 balls has led her to trend on Twitter today.
Here’s is what we know about Richa Ghosh:
- 17-year-old Ghosh hails from Siliguri in West Bengal.
- She made her T20 debut in the tri-series in Australia, held in January last year.
- Ghosh is known to keep wickets and is also a medium pace bowler.
- In August this year, Richa Ghosh was included in team India for its Australia tour to play in matches across all three formats of the game: ODI, T20 and test.
- She will also be India’s wicketkeeper for ODI and T20 matches and will act as a second wicketkeeper for the Test team.
- In March last year, Richa Ghosh donated rupees one lakh to West Bengal Chief Minister’s COVID-19 relief fund.
- The check for donation was handed over to Siliguri district magistrate by her father Manabendra Ghosh.