Mithali Raj now holds the record for most international appearances in women’s cricket: Playing the second ODI against South Africa, Captain Mithali Raj has now become the cricketer with most appearances in Women’s International.
The record was previously held by Charlotte Edwards from England for appearing 309 times.
With today’s ODI against South Africa, the Indian ODI skipper has now made 310 appearances in international women’s tournaments which includes 10 Tests, 211 ODIs, and 89 T20Is.
Making her debut at the age of 16, she scored a whopping 114 runs for the Indian Women’s Cricket Team in her maiden appearance against Ireland. The ecstatic journey has been going great ever since.
As we will keep seeing her in the ODI series against South Africa taking her appearances tally to 313, let us look at some great records held by the skipper:
1. She is the leading run-scorer in Women ODIs, and the one and only woman cricketer to have scored 6000+ career runs
2. The youngest player to hit a ton, at the age of 16 years and 205 days
3. She has the second most number of the fifties to her name, among the current Indian cricketers- both male and female.
4. Only female cricketer to appear in 200+ ODIs and still going strong
5. She is the only female cricketer to have played for 2 decades
6. She is the only player to have captained her side for the most number of times that being 134* as she still continues to lead her ODI Team.
This article was published first on Female Cricket.