The Miss India Runner Up Manya Singh has recently opened up about her struggles to success. As Singh comes from a humble background being the daughter of an auto-rickshaw driver, she faced financial troubles in the family. This also led to her skipping school in her teens as she had to start working. But despite the setbacks, the young girl made it to the top through her efforts and determination.
Manya Singh shared her experiences through social media and is educating many about making the impossible, possible. As Singh becomes an inspiration to millions of young girls and boys out there looking for a ray of hope through her familial and financial struggles, here’s what you should know about the upcoming sensation.
- Manya Omprakash Singh is from the state of Uttar Pradesh. She was born in Kushinagar.
- Manya Singh fled from home. She opened up about her struggles and said, “I somehow managed to complete my studies in the day, became a dishwasher in the evening, and worked at a call centre at night. I’ve walked hours to reach places so I could save the rickshaw fare.”
- Singh had to spend many nights without food and sleep.
- Manya chose career over school as earning was also important. She could not attend school as she had to start working very early.
- She had started working at a Pizza place at the age of 16. While working she appeared for 10th boards and scored an 80 percent aggregate.
- Singh regional round and was crowned Miss India Uttar Pradesh last year.
- Singh was motivated to join the VLCC Femina Miss India to uplift the condition and status of her father, mother, and a younger brother who was an auto-rickshaw driver.
- The Miss India organisation shared Manya Singh’s journey of perseverance and revealed how she was disregarded and was called,” She was called “not good-looking” and was disregarded by others for not being able to speak fluently like others. However, it was this very difficult time in her life that helped her and pushed her towards her passion to work harder.”
Ever since Manya was crowned at the Miss India ceremony, congratulatory wishes came pouring in for the young model. [Picture Credits: Instagram (manyasingh993)]