Y-Plus Category Security For Kangana Ranaut Ahead Of Mumbai Visit
Kangana Ranaut is scheduled to land in Mumbai on September 9 and at least 11 personnel, including armed commandos, have been instructed to guard her. With the verbal battle between Ranaut and Shiv Sena’s Sanjay Raut escalating, the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has now approved for Y-plus category security for the actor, the kind VIPs enjoy in India, as per reports.
Reacting to the news about the high-level security, Kangana thanked Home Minister Amit Shah and tweeted: “This is proof that no fascist forces will be able to suppress nationalist voices. I am indebted to Amit Shah, who could have also asked me to visit Mumbai later considering the present situation, but he honoured the words of a daughter of this country. Jai Hind.”
ये प्रमाण है की अब किसी देशभक्त आवाज़ को कोई फ़ासीवादी नहीं कुचल सकेगा,मैं @AmitShah जी की आभारी हूँ वो चाहते तो हालातों के चलते मुझे कुछ दिन बाद मुंबई जाने की सलाह देते मगर उन्होंने भारत की एक बेटी के वचनों का मान रखा, हमारे स्वाभिमान और आत्मसम्मान की लाज रखी, जय हिंद 🙏 https://t.co/VSbZMG66LT
— Kangana Ranaut (@KanganaTeam) September 7, 2020
The Bollywood actress has been in the news ever since she decided to speak up in Sushant Singh Rajput‘s death case. Recently, the actor and Sanjay Raut got into a verbal duel after Ranaut’s “Mumbai feeling like Pakistan-occupied-Kashmir” comment. She had also claimed that she is scared of the Mumbai Police.
What You Should Know
- Kangana Ranaut has been granted Y Category (VIPs-level) security by the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- Kangana Ranaut released a video saying, “Your people are threatening me, still I’ll come to Mumbai on September 9.”
- Two separate complaints have been filed with Mumbai Police against the actor over her remarks.
Raut had earlier hit back warning Kangana not to return to Mumbai after she criticised the Mumbai Police. “This issue concerns the pride of Maharashtra and there will be no compromise on this front. Ranaut needs to apologise for her PoK remarks or she will face the music from our women’s wing,” he had said, Hindustan Times reported.
Replying to the threat, she released a video message on Sunday and quoted saying, “Your people are threatening me, still I’ll come to Mumbai on September 9.”
“Mr Sanjay Raut, you called me ‘haramkhor ladki’. You know how many girls are raped every day in the country, how many of them are tortured and killed – sometimes by their own husbands. And you know who is responsible for all this? It is this mindset which you very shamelessly displayed in front of the entire country. The daughters of this country will never forgive you,” the actor had said.
संजय जी मुझे अभिव्यक्ति की पूरी आज़ादी है
मुझे अपने देश में कहीं भी जाने की आज़ादी है ।
मैं आज़ाद हूँ । pic.twitter.com/773n8XDESI
— Kangana Ranaut (@KanganaTeam) September 6, 2020
Reacting to her allegations, Raut told ANI, “If that girl (Actor Kangana Ranaut) will apologise to Maharashtra, then I will think about it (of apologising). She calls Mumbai a mini Pakistan. Does she have the courage to say the same about Ahmedabad?”
If that girl (Actor Kangana Ranaut) will apologise to Maharashtra, then I will think about it (of apologising). She calls Mumbai a mini Pakistan. Does she have the courage to say the same about Ahmedabad?: Shiv Sena MP Sanjay Raut pic.twitter.com/GnUBd0ZTFO
— ANI (@ANI) September 6, 2020
On Sunday, the Himachal Pradesh government assured security to Kangana and was reportedly also considering to extend the security during her upcoming visit to Mumbai, a report by India Today said.
Meanwhile, two separate complaints have been filed with Mumbai Police against the actor over her remarks.
Feature Image Credit: Indulge Express