Priyanka Gandhi Vadra, the Congress's National General Secretary and Uttar Pradesh's in-charge, recently released the party's women's manifesto. On December 8, 2021, she released the manifesto "Shakti Vidhan," with Dr Priyanka Maurya as the poster girl.
In preparation for the upcoming Legislative Assembly Elections in Uttar Pradesh, the Congress party has come out with a manifesto for women. The manifesto was released on December 8 at the Congress party's headquarters by Congress General Secretary Priyanka Gandhi Vadra.
With the theme song "Ladhki hoon lad Sakti hoo," the Congress politician has titled it "Shakti Vidhan."
Who is Dr. Priyanka Maurya?
- On the cover of Priyanka Gandhi Vadra's women's manifesto is Dr Priyanka Maurya, a Congress politician and State Vice President of the Mahila Congress in Uttar Pradesh.
- She has worked with some of India's NGOs, including Neki Ki Deewar and Roti Bank.
- From assisting poor people in obtaining free medical advice during Covid-19 and lockdown days to organising blood drives and raising awareness about cleanliness, hygiene, food nutrition, and other health-related issues Dr. Priyanka Maurya has been working actively for a good cause.
- She is currently the Uttar Pradesh State Convener, where she organises chair meetings, network activities, ground activities, and meetings.
- She is the Sanjeevani program's National Coordinator for the poor and underprivileged. She connects them with specialist doctors to help them with common health concerns that require medical advice.
- She is also the non-profit Help India Rising Foundation's Brand Ambassador.
- She represents various NGO's and also raises brand awareness for them.
Congress' Women's Manifesto
The manifesto included Priyanka Gandhi Vadra's promise of reserving 40 percent tickets for women in her party for the UP polls. It also includes many benefits for women if the Congress party is voted to power. Female students will be given two-wheelers and smartphones. Annually, women of the state will receive three free gas cylinders and free bus travel.
40 per cent of the jobs in government sectors will be reserved for women. The widows in the state will be given Rs 1000 per month as pensions and Rs 10,000 per month honorarium will be given to ASHA and Anganwadi workers. Vadra also promised to open 75 skill schools for the women of the state. As per the data provided by the election commission, women form about 46 percent of the electorate in Uttar Pradesh.