Who Is Sneha Dubey: She is India’s first secretary at the United Nations and being lauded by social media for her response to Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan’s speech on the issue of Kashmir. She denounced Pakistan not only as a patron of terrorism but also a suppressor of minorities. She was replying to Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan’s tirade against the country. Her name began trending on Twitter on September 25 when a clip of her speech at the United Nations General Assembly began doing rounds on social media.
Sneha Dubey, India’s first secretary to the UN, said: “This is the country which is an arsonist disguising itself as a fire-fighter. Pakistan nurtures terrorists in their backyard in the hope that they will only harm their neighbours. Our region, and in fact the entire world, has suffered because of their policies. On the other hand, they are trying to cover up sectarian violence in their country as acts of terror.”
Here’s what you know need to know about Sneha Dubey
- She is an IFS officer of the 2012 batch.
- Her mother is a school teacher and her father is a multinational company employee.
- She completed her schooling from Goa.
- She graduated from Pune’s Fergusson College. Post that, she completed her MPhil from the School of International Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University in Delhi.
- She cleared the civil services exam in 2011 in her first attempt and became the first person from her family to join government services. She says that she was inspired to join the foreign services as it provided her an opportunity to learn about international affairs, discovering new cultures, be part of important policy decisions and help people.
- She got appointment with the Ministry of External Affairs in 2014. After which, she was posted in Indian Embassy in Madrid, Spain.
- After a clip from her speech went viral on Twitter, users praised Dubey and even compared her to India’s former women officers who have countered Pakistan at the United Nations like Eenam Gambhir and Vidisha Maitra.
Sneha Dubey, India’s First Secretary At UN Earns Applause For Rebuttal To Imran Khan
Men Are Not Robots: Pak PM Imran Khan Blames Women’s Clothes For Rape… Yet Again
Meet Maryam Nawaz, Pakistan’s Fearless Political Leader Taking On Imran Khan