21-year-old Sini Shetty from Karnataka was announced as the winner of Femina Miss India 2022. Shetty was crowned by Miss India 2020 Manasa Varanasi from Telangana on July 3.
Sini Shetty will represent India at the Miss World 2022 pageant. The event was hosted at the Jio Convention Centre in Mumbai. Rubal Shekhawat from Rajasthan was the first runner-up and Shinata Chauhan from Uttar Pradesh was the second runner-up for Miss India 2022.
The Miss India jury panel consisted of actors such as Miss India 2002 Neha Dhupia, Malaika Arora, and Dino Morea, cricketer Mithali Raj, choreographer Shiamak Davar, and designers Rahul Khanna and Rohit Gandhi.
The finale of Femina Miss India 2022 was hosted by Maniesh Paul and consisted of performances by Kriti Sanon, Ash Chandler and Lauren Gottlieb.
Femina Miss India 2022 was the 58th edition of the Femina Miss India beauty pageant. The national beauty pageant selects representatives to compete in Miss World and is organised by Femina, the women's magazine published by The Times Group.
Who Is Sini Shetty?
- The 21-year-old Sini Shetty is the winner of Femina Miss India 2022 and will represent the nation at the Miss World 2022 pageant.
- Shetty was born in Mumbai and hails from Karnataka. She has a bachelor’s degree in accounting and finance and is currently pursuing a course in Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA).
- She is a trained Bharatanatyam dancer and began dancing at the age of four. At the age of 14, she completed her first stage performance, also known as the arangetram.
- Shetty was also awarded Miss India 2022 sub-title award Miss Talented alongside Tengam Celine Koyu.
- Shetty reportedly described herself as “industrious and tenacious” and added she had the ability to be “empathetic and a hustler”. She also said that she believed that women should strive toward becoming tenacious, industrious, and compassionate.
- Miss India 2020 Manasa Varanasi crowned Shetty as Miss India 2022.
- After being crowned as Miss India 2022, Shetty expressed her gratitude to everyone who supported her through the journey. She tweeted, “Thanks to each and everyone who’ve supported me in this journey. Your Miss India 2022 – Sini Shetty.”
- Sini Shetty hails from Karnataka and is a 21-year-old who was born in Mumbai, and has also won the Miss Talent award at Miss India 2922 sub contests.
- Sini Shetty holds a bachelor's degree in accounting and finance and is currently pursuing a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) career.
- Sini Shetty has previously worked in a marketing firm, and she was seen defining her personality as "Industrious, tenacious, empathetic and a hustler." While talking about her inspiration and what got her into competing in Miss India, Sini Shetty revealed that Priyanka Chopra has been her driving force. "Miss World 2000 Priyanka Chopra, when you look up to a person some of their words get stuck by you. The aspiration value increases, I remember hearing an interview of hers where she stated, 'Don’t try to squeeze into a glass slipper. Instead, shatter the glass ceiling.' I have been a fan ever since, " she said.
Suggested Reading: Who Was Gleycy Correia? Former Miss Brazil Dies At 27