Who Is Sam Bombay? Model and actor Poonam Pandey‘s husband has been arrested by the Mumbai Police. Reason? Poonam Pandey has accused him of assaulting her. She lodged a complaint against him at the Bandra Police Station. He was arrested after that. Poonam, on the other hand, has been hospitalised and is being treated for the injuries on her face and hand.
“The case has been registered against Sam Bombay under the sections of Indian Penal Code (IPC). The actress has suffered serious injuries on her head, eyes and face,” the Mumbai police said, according to ANI.
Here’s everything you should know about Sam Bombay, model and actor Poonam Pandey‘s husband.
- He is an Indian film producer, director and editor.
- He has directed several ads with celebrities like Deepika Padukone, Tamannaah Bhatia, among others.
- He was born and raised in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- He rose to fame when the news of his relationship with Poonam Pandey came out.
- They got married last year in September after a live-in relationship of two years. It was his second marriage.
- He has two children – son Troy Bombay and daughter Tia Bombay — from his first wife Elle Ahmed. She is a model.
- He was Creative Director of Y&R, Dubai. A few years later, he was made Partner & Regional Executive Creative Director of Y&R Brands for the region.
- He also directed a short film titled ‘King of The Ring’ in 2017. The movie starred actor Akshay Kumar.
- His production house is called Bombay Matinee Films.
This is not the first time when Poonam has filed a complaint against him after their wedding. Last year, he was arrested for assaulting her days after their wedding. The two were honeymooning in Goa when she filed a complaint against him. He was later granted bail and Poonam reunited with him.
We request you to support our award-winning journalism by making a financial contribution towards our efforts. Your funds will ensure we can continue to bring you amazing stories of women, and the impact they are making and spotlight half the country's population because they deserve it.