Who Is Jill Biden, The Possible Future First Lady Of The United States
U.S. Democratic Presidential candidate Joe Biden is now stepping up his campaign as November draws close and America goes into elections. With Biden leading the election game,people want to know more about the woman behind his success.
The powerful and supporting backbone to Biden is his highly qualified wife Dr. Jill Biden. The former Second Lady has played a big role in supporting and uplifting her husband’s presidential campaign. According to her close ones, she has done all this while maintaining ties with her day job as an English professor at Northern Virginia Community College (NOVA).
Although recently Jill has taken a small break from her teaching responsibilities to support her husband’s campaign, she has continued to attend voluntary training sessions through online teaching. According to Dr. Jill, she will return to her job even if her husband gets elected. This move will make Biden the first lady to hold a day job outside the White House.
Nine Things to Know About Jill Biden
- She is the oldest of five sisters.
- Jill Biden is a mother, grandmother, a military mom, and a lifelong educator.
- Her book Don’t Forget, God Bless Our Troops was released in the year 2012. It is based on true events and revolves around the story of a military family’s experience with deployment through the eyes of Dr. Biden’s granddaughter, Natalie, during the year her father is deployed to Iraq.
- She has been an educator for over three decades.
- Before moving to Washington D.C., she taught English at a community college in Delaware. Also, she imparted education at a public high school and at a psychiatric hospital for adolescents.
- In January 2007, Dr. Biden earned her Doctorate in Education from the University of Delaware.
- She has two Masters degrees which she earned while working and raising a family.
- Jill and Joe married in June 17, 1977 at the United Nations chapel in New York City in an intimate ceremony.
- During her husband’s role as a Vice President, Jill became the first second lady to hold a full-time job outside the White House
The Former Second Lady Of United States
Dr. Jill Biden has worked on many issues as the former Second Lady of the United States when her husband was the Vice President to President Barack Obama. She worked on bringing attention to the sacrifices made by military families and to highlight the importance of community colleges to America’s future. Biden toiled to raise awareness around areas of particular importance to women including breast cancer prevention, all while continuing to teach English full-time at a community college in nearby Virginia.
Through the Joining Forces initiative, Dr. Biden and the then First Lady Michelle Obama have issued a national challenge to all Americans to take action and find ways to support and engage military families in their own communities.
Dr. Jill And Presidential Elections
Dr. Biden was introduced with a video, featuring her family members, friends, and aides describing her character, interests, and goals. Jill Biden and Joe Biden shared how they met each other and many instances from their life. Dr. Biden wishes to work on a number of things as the First Lady if Joe becomes president. She in an interview with CBS News said that she would primarily work on education and military families.
Democratic Presidential candidate Joe’s wife Dr. Jill is also a prankster. According to her “Things are so serious that I like to add a little humour.” She also loves running. Her daily exercise regime includes a five mile run at a nine to 10 minute pace five days a week, along with a little bit of weight training.
Dr. Jill is very protective of her husband. “I thought I’ve got to do something right now,” Jill told the anchors of The View. “You’ve got to protect those you love, right?” [Image Credits: Getty Images]
Sanskriti is an intern with SheThePeople.TV.