Choreographer Dhanashree Verma tied the knot with cricketer Yuzvendra Chahal on Tuesday. The ceremony took place at Karma Lake Resort in Gurugram. The couple took to Instagram to share pictures from their wedding with the caption, “We started at “Once upon a time” and found “Our happily ever after,” coz finally, #DhanaSaidYuz for infinity & beyond!”
Verma wore a maroon Tarun Tahiliani lehenga during the wedding ceremony while Chahal donned an ivory sherwani by the same designer.
The couple got engaged in August this year, the two shared pictures from their Roka ceremony. After the engagement, Verma had talked about her relationship with Chahal in an interview. She talked about the two started off with a teacher-student relationship in April this year.
She also called Yuzvendra a “humble” and “down-to-earth” person. She said Chahal is a family type guy who shares the values she was brought up with. “His humility bowled me over. The kind of values I’ve been brought up with, I actually wanted someone like him as my life partner. We both are ambitious and are supportive of each other’s profession. We both are fun-loving, so there’s never going to be a dull moment.”
Here are five things to know about her:
- She is a choreographer who runs her own dance academy named Dhanashree Dance Company. She has a Youtube channel with 2.6 million subscribers. She usually posts dance covers and occasional videos with Yuzvendra Chahal.
- Verma was trained in Hip-hop by famous Indian choreographer Shaimak Davar.
- She started her career as a dentist after graduating from a medical school in Mumbai.
- She was born in Dubai into a business family.
- Her social media feed shows that she is a pet lover and has a keen interest in cricket.
Image credit: Dhanashree Verma/ Instagram
We request you to support our award-winning journalism by making a financial contribution towards our efforts. Your funds will ensure we can continue to bring you amazing stories of women, and the impact they are making and spotlight half the country's population because they deserve it.