Who Is Baby Rani Maurya: The politician was appointed as the national vice president of Bharatiya Janta Party ( BJP) on Monday.
She resigned as the governor of Uttarakhand on Wednesday, September 7. Her secretary BK Sant confirmed the news to ANI and said that Maurya submitted her resignation to President Ram Nath Kovind.
As per reports, she resigned because of personal issues. Maurya still had two more years before her tenure as Governor could get over. She took office after Krishna Kant Paul as the seventh governor of Uttarakhand on August 26, 2018.
Who Is Baby Rani Maurya?
- Maurya had become the first woman mayor of Agra in 1995. She entered politics as a member of Bharatiya Janta Party in 1990s.
- Between 2002 to 2005, she served at the National Commission for Women.
- The Dalit politician was born on August 15 1956. She has her graduation degree as a Bachelor of Education. She has also done Master of Arts.
- As per reports, Baby Rani Maurya is married to Pradeep Kumar, retired direction of Punjab National Bank now on the advisory board of the bank.
After working for BJP as a member Maurya ran for the mayor seat in Agra on the party’s ticket.
- In 1995, when now President Ram Nath Kovind was serving as the chairman of Scheduled Caste wing of the BJP, Maurya was the office bearer in the department. During her time there she reportedly helped in increasing BJP’s reach among SC community in Uttar Pradesh.
- As a social welfare board member in Uttar Pradesh, Maurya worked towards empowering Dalit women. That is when she was made a member of the National Commission for Women in 2002.
- After that she stood for the Etmadpur seat during Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly elections in 2007. She lost the election to a Bahujan Samaj Party member Narayan Singh Suman.
- Before swearing in as the Governor of Uttarakhand in 2018, she was also made member on the State Commission for Protection of Child Rights.
Watch viral video right now:¬†