Who is Candace Owens: United States author, commentator, activist Candace Owens recently tweeted that she plans on running in the 2024 presidential race. Owens who has always been an unpredictable ally of the Republicans tweeted on Saturday, “I love America. Thinking about running for President.” This isn’t the first time however, that Candace has raised eyebrows with her tweets and comments.
I love America. Thinking about running for President. đź‡şđź‡¸— Candace Owens (@RealCandaceO) February 6, 2021
Here are 10 Things To Know About Candace Owens
1. Born in 1989, Owens recognises herself as a fighter. Her website says, “I am a fighter. And right now, Iâ€™m fighting for the heart and soul of a country I love.”
2. Owens grew up in Stamford, Connecticut, and was raised by her grandparents after her parents were divorced.Â
3. Candace Owens has served as the spokesperson for Turning Point USA, a college conservative organisation.
4. She has also worked with The Daily Wire, a conservative news and opinion website. In 2021, Owens is set to have her own podcast on the platform.
5.Owens is a strong critic of feminism. According to her, the MeToo movement is structured around the idea that â€śwomen are stupid, weak & inconsequential.”
6. Candace Owens is the founder of the Blexit foundation. It aims to uplift and empower minorities to realise their dreams in America.
7. Owens has previously written for Degree180 which was an anti- Trump, anti-conservative website. However, Owens eventually became a Trump supporter.
8. She is also a critic of the Black Lives Matter (BLM) movement. Criticising Netflix for introducing a category titled “Black cinema”, she wrote, “The Left has reintroduced segregation back into American society under the guise of progressivismâ€” they used #BLM propaganda to anger black people to the point of blindness.â€ť
9. Interestingly, for Owens, climate change is a lie and a method to extract dollars from Americans.
10. In 2020, she made her debut as an author with the bookÂ Blackout: How Black America Can Make Its Second Escape from the Democrat Plantation.