Chris Noth sexual assault: Sex And The City actor Chris Noth has been accused of sexually assaulting two women in separate encounters that took place in 2004 and 2015. The women’s identities haven’t been revealed to protect their identities.
Here are few more things to know about the case
- In a bid to respect the privacy of the women, pseudonyms Zoe and Lily have been used to refer to the two women.
- These are reportedly two separate encounters that took place. One happened in 2004 and the other one in 2015.
- According to Zoe’s statement, she was allegedly raped by Noth 17 years ago in Los Angeles. She was just 22-years-old at that time.
- According to Lily’s statement, the year when the incident happened with her was 2015 in a New York-based apartment.
- The Hollywood Reporter, which broke the story quoted journalist Lily saying, “seeing that he was reprising his role in Sex and the City set off something in me”.
- Noth is a 67-year-old actor who grew to fame with his role in Sex and The City. He said that the encounters were consensual.
- “The accusations against me made by individuals I met years, even decades, ago are categorically false. These stories could’ve been from 30 years ago or 30 days ago — no always means no — that is a line I did not cross,” Noth said in a statement to the Reporter.
- He added by saying that it was difficult not to question the timing of these stories. “I don’t know for certain why they are surfacing now, but I do know this: I did not assault these women,” he said.
- Sex and the City aired from 1998 to 2004. It was a hit series that later added to movies to the franchise.
- Earlier this year, HBO made an announcement about its plans to reboot the show, which premiered on December 9.
Suggested Reading : Who Is Peng Shuai? Chinese Tennis Star Accuses Top Politician Of Sexual Assault