#News

Man Arrested For Trespassing Prince Harry And Meghan Markle’s California Home

post image
Man arrested for trespassing Meghan Markle home: An Ohio man, identified as Nickolas Brooks, 37, was arrested for allegedly trespassing Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s residence in California. The man was also accused of trespassing the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s Montecito home twice in December last year, the Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Office confirmed.

Police also specified that the first invasion took place on December 24 when police had “warned” Brooks about the crime but two days later he trespassed again and was subsequently arrested. The 37-year-old was charged with misdemeanour trespassing and was sent to jail. According to reports, Brooks, who has a criminal history of felony assault, is no longer in custody.

Meghan Markle’s California home trespassed

Brooks recently told The Sun that he was ‘high” when he was caught at the couple’s home last year. “It was a foggy period of my life. I didn’t even know where I was. I think I was high at the time,” Brooks claimed, adding, “I don’t know why I went to their place, that’s kind of where I ended up. I drove across the country – I know it’s crazy.”

This news comes a little over a week since the Duke and Duchess of Sussex told Oprah Winfrey why they had to permanently step back from their royal duties. The couple had first announced their decision in January 2020. Brooks also said he’s been “told to stay away and that I’m never allowed back there.”

Markle, who moved to Santa Barbara County with Prince Harry last August, recently shared in the tell-all interview that at one point she “didn’t want to be alive anymore.” The Duchess of Sussex spoke for the first time since stepping back as senior royals of the British family. In the latest interview, Markle and Harry opened up about the racism and Markle facing mental health issues, and the lack of support and security they had sought from the royal family while they stayed there.

Meghan Markle also alleged that certain Royal family members had concerns about Archie’s skin colour. She said, “They didn’t want him to be a prince or princess, not knowing what the gender would be, which would be different from protocol, and that he wasn’t going to receive security. In those months when I was pregnant, all around this same time, so we have in tandem the conversation of, ‘you won’t be given security, not gonna be given a title’ and also concerns and conversations about how dark his skin might be when he’s born,” she claimed. Read more here.

Feature Image Credit: Kensington Palace/ Twitter