TN’s Anukreethy Vas Is Femina Miss India 2018
19-year-old Anukreethy Vas has been crowned Femina Miss India 2018. The Tamil Nadu college student won this coveted title at a grand ceremony in Mumbai. Filmmaker Karan Johar and actor Ayushmann Khurrana hosted the show. The judges in the panel included Miss World 2017 Manushi Chhillar, who awarded her the crown. She beat 30 contestants to bag the top honour.
Apart from Manushi Chillar, the judges’ panel included cricketers K L Rahul and Irfan Pathan, actors Bobby Deol, Kunal Kapoor, Malaika Arora Khan, Bollywood’s top fashion designer Gaurav Gupta and Indian journalist Faye D’Souza.
Who is Anukreethy Vas?
- A student of Chennai’s Loyola College, she is pursuing BA in French to become an interpreter.
- Raised by a single mother, she wishes to become a supermodel as she loves facing the camera.
- She was previously crowned fbb Colours Femina Miss Tamil Nadu.
- She will now be representing India at Miss World 2018.
- Her favourite quote “The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today. So be the best version of yourself every day.”
— Miss India (@feminamissindia) June 19, 2018
Meenakshi Chaudhary from Haryana bagged the second spot while Shreya Rao from Andhra Pradesh ranked third
Performances by actors such as Kareena Kapoor Khan, Jacqueline Farnandez and Madhuri Dixit, and also by Miss World 2017 Manushi Chillar were highlights of the ceremony.
Anukriti’s favourite quote – “The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today. So be the best version of yourself every day.”
Miss India 2017
About Femina Miss India
Femina Miss India is a national beauty pageant in India that annually selects representatives to compete in Miss World, which is one of the Big Four major international beauty pageants.
Picture credits: Femina