The United States of America saw another brutal shooting on Tuesday at a Walmart store in Virginia and according to the reports, multiple fatalities have occurred including the shooter himself.
There is a continuous rise in gun-related injuries in the USA, a report in 2020 mentioned that “more Americans died of gun-related injuries in 2020 than in any other year on record, according to recently published statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)”. After every public shooting incident debates come up regarding gun control laws but in reality, there are no improvements done by the system and everyday several innocent lives are lost.
Shooting In Walmart US: 10 Things To Know
- The official tweet from Chesapeake notified that their were 7 casualties on November 23, it said, “Chesapeake Police confirm 7 fatalities, including the shooter, from last night’s shooting at Walmart on Sam’s Circle.” And there was another update that said, “#UPDATE A Chesapeake police spokesperson tells us at this point he believes no more than 10 people have died. It’s unclear if the shooter was an employee. The shooter is now deceased. Officers are walking through the Walmart super center checking for victims.”
- Americans are about to celebrate one of the loving festivals of the year, thanksgiving and the superstore was filled with customers when this mass shooting happened in Virginia.
- It was late in the night when at 10 pm IST, the first emergency call was made and shortly after the rapid response officers entered the crime scene along with the tactical team, according to the reports.
- Reportedly, the shooting started at the back of the store where five people were found wounded and sent to the hospital. It is said that this person was a Walmart employee and has been working with the company for more than a decade.
- According to BBC, the shooter has been identified as Andre Bing who was 31 years old and was found dead at the scene.
- Chesapeake Police Department officer Leo Kosinski confirmed to the media that it was a single shooter and that he was dead.
- The CEO of Walmart posted a note on the brand’s official account saying, “We are devastated by the tragic events that happened at store #1841. Our team is in Chesapeake working swiftly to provide resources to the community and our store associates, and we are continuing our work to create a safe experience for associates and customers in every store.”
- The state senator of Virginia Louise Loucas tweeted saying, “I am absolutely heartbroken that America’s latest mass shooting took place in a Walmart in my district in Chesapeake, Virginia tonight. I will not rest until we find the solutions to end this gun violence epidemic in our country that has taken so many lives.”
- It is reported that six people were injured and taken to the hospital and among them, two are in critical condition while one is stable.
- Only a few days back the USA saw another mass shooting at an LGBT nightclub in Colorado which killed five people along with 17 others injured from gunshots.
Suggested Reading: US Women Diplomats Drive Personalised Auto-Rickshaws To Discover Delhi