ScoopWhoop CEO Sattvik Mishra resigns from his post after an ex-employee alleged that he sexually abused him. The former took to social media two days ago to announce his resignation. He said that the last few months have been extremely challenging for him and his family as they are being harassed by an ex-colleague.
In his Instagram post, Mishra wrote, “Due to personal reasons, I am stepping down from my post as the CEO of Scoopwhoop. The last few months have been extremely challenging for me and my family with constant threats and mental harassment by an ex-colleague. Addressing this matter and ensuring my and my family’s well being is my topmost priority right now.”
Here are 10 things to know:
- An ex-employee of ScoopWhoop took to Instagram where they alleged that they were sexually assaulted by the CEO of ScoopWhoop Sattvik Mishra. “I was sexually assaulted by the CEO of Scoopwhoop Pvt Ltd, Sattvik Mishra. I have been denied my truth and punished for just wanting to live my life”, they alleged.
- The complainant alleged that they were infantilised, threatened with ‘offers’ of huge sums of money to shut up and move on.
- The survivor also mentioned that a lot of seniors at the organisation said that the misunderstanding can be sorted out easily and they should move on.
- The survivor’s post has already got 26.7k likes on Instagram and thousands of comments where people were seen giving support.
- The ex-employee has 130k followers on Instagram.
- On January 14 too, the survivor alleged, “For over 3 months now, my loved ones have helped me deal with and get over the trauma of what led to my exit from the place that I, along with my team, so passionately built.”
- The survivor also added that they were denied the opportunity to say a final goodbye to the space where they had worked for 6 years.
- Rishi Pratim Mukherjee who is a co-Founder and COO will be interim CEO of ScoopWhoop.