Popular performer Sapna Chaudhary was arrested earlier today after she was presented at a Lucknow court. The court had directed the police to take her into custody, however, she was later released on bail soon after the warrant was taken back.
Chaudhary, who reached the courthouse secretly, was presented at the court of Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Court (ACJM)- 5 Shantanu Tyagi. Popularly known as Haryana’s dancing queen, the former Bigg Boss contestant has lately been in the news for her no-show at an event case in Lucknow. Chaudhary is a household name in the country, and her popularity grew further when she appeared on national television as a Bigg Boss reality show participant.
Suggested reading: Sapna Chaudhary Accused Of Criminal Conspiracy
Sapna Chaudhary Released On Bail, 10 Things To Know
1. The arrest warrant was first issued to Sapna Chaudhary in 2021 in the case of alleged fraud. Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Shantanu Tyagi issued the warrant to her in November last year.
2. The former Big Boss participant was allegedly accused of committing to an event and then not turning up for it despite the agreement.
3. Chaudhary was expected to perform in Lucknow on October 13, 2018, at the Smriti Upwan venue, where each ticket was sold for Rs 300.
4. While thousands of people marked their presence at the event, the artist did not turn up to perform eventually leading to massive chaos and ruckus at the site.
5. In October 2018, Sub-inspector Firoze Khan lodged an FIR against Chaudhary on charges of fraud at Ashiana police station in Lucknow.
6. The performer was also accused of allegedly collecting the payment in advance and not returning the audience’s money after she failed to turn up for the event.
7. As per the claim presented in court today, the singer was booked and charged for breaking the agreement between herself and the organisers.
8. The Lucknow court had earlier issued a non-bailable warrant against Chaudhary on August 23. She failed to appear on the said date and also did not send an exemption petition through her lawyer. She was then directed by the court to appear on Monday, and after she marked her presence, the court found her in contempt of violation.
9. The court had directed the police to take her into custody, however, she was later released on bail soon after the warrant was taken back. The next hearing will take place on September 30.
10. This is not the first police case Chaudhary has been involved in. In February last year, Chaudhary was again booked for alleged mishandling of funds and fraud by Delhi Police. |Sapna Chaudhary Released On Bail