Roshni Nadar Malhotra To Succeed Shiv Nadar As HCL Tech Chairman
HCL Technologies stated today that Shiv Nadar’s daughter Roshni Nadar Malhotra would succeed him as the HCL Tech chairman. Shiv Nadar has stepped down from the post. However, Nadar would continue to be the managing director at HCL Tech, with designation as the chief strategy officer. The appointment takes effect immediately.
Roshni Nadar Malhotra is currently the executive director and CEO of HCL Corporation, vice-chairperson of the board of HCL Technologies. She is also the trustee of the Shiv Nadar Foundation. At the Corporation, Roshni Nadar Malhotra is responsible for providing strategic guidance to the organisation. She is the wealthiest woman in India.
“We are living in unprecedented times where organizations and people across geographies are dealing with challenges related to the pandemic. However, this has also pushed businesses to accept the pandemic as a catalyst for change and look at building agility and resilience into every level of their organization,” Shiv Nadar said in a statement.
What You Should Know
- HCL Technologies stated today that chairman Shiv Nadar would be stepping down and his daughter Roshni Nadar Malhotra would succeed him.
- Roshni Nadar Malhotra is the executive director and CEO of HCL Corporation, vice chairperson of the board of HCL Technologies and a trustee of the Shiv Nadar Foundation.
- Shiv Nadar would continue to be the managing director at HCL Tech, with designation as the chief strategy officer.
In 2013, Roshni Nadar Malhotra was appointed as an additional director on the board of HCL Tech. It was four years after her appointment on the board of HCL Corp, the holding company of HCL Technologies and HCL Infosystems. HCL Tech is India’s third-largest software exporter.
Here are a few things that you must know about India’s wealthiest woman:
- Roshni Nadar-Malhotra is the daughter of 75-year-old Shiv Nadar who founded HCL along with Ajai Chowdhry, Arjun Malhotra and five others. She has a net worth of INR 36,800 crores.
- Roshni grew up in Delhi. She has a Master’s degree in Business Administration from the Kellogg School of Management, USA.
- She is also an alumnus of the World Economic Forum’s Forum of Young Global Leaders initiative. It is a community of the world’s most efficacious, next-generation leaders.
- Malhotra has been actively involved in philanthropic activities. She has worked as a trustee on the Shiv Nadar Foundation and as a chairperson of VidyaGyan Leadership Academy. The academy empowers underprivileged children through education.
- Roshni established The Habitats Trust in 2018. She is passionate about conserving nature. The Foundation aims to conserve India’s natural habitats and its indigenous species. Furthermore, It aims to create and conserving sustainable ecosystems through strategic collaborations with stakeholders.
- She has been featured in Forbes’ – The World’s 100 Most Powerful Women- list in 2017, 2018, and also 2019.
- Roshni also received the Lewis Institute Community Changemaker Award from Babson College in 2017.
Picture Credit: NDTV
Ria Chakraborty is an intern with SheThePeople.TV