Prime Minister Narendra Modi to share coronavirus update with nation
- by STP Team
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is all set to share a coronavirus linked update to the nation. “At 9 AM, I’ll share a small video message with my fellow Indians,” PM Modi tweeted in Hindi and English.
This message would be related to the coronavirus crisis. The PM has addressed the country twice since the COVID-19 pandemic started spreading in India.
PM’S ADDRESSES SO FAR
March 19th: He announced that the country needed to stay home on March 23rd Sunday and maintain a lockdown. This was termed the janata curfew from 7am to 9pm to test the giant country’s ability to take tough measures against what he then referred to as a growing “crisis”.
March 24: In the second address on March 24, he announced a national lockdown to contain the spread of COVID-19. This was a three week nationwide lockdown across India. “There will all efforts by the government to contain people movement,” he said in the light of the coronavirus spread.
India has over 50 deaths linked to COVID-19 and now over 2000 cases. 156 people have recovered from coronavirus in India so far. Among the states, Maharashtra is the worst hit where the virus has been widespread.
Modi has been using social media and his videos to ask citizens to maintain social distancing and ensure they stay home.
AWARD SECTION 2017
LAST YEAR, THIS TIME
In the news
- Cracking UPSC CSE: Who Is Pratibha Verma, Topper Among Women Candidates?
- Success Stories Of Women Candidates Who Cleared Civil Services Exams
- Worldover, Female-Led Countries Show Better COVID-19 Outcomes: Report
- Beirut Explosion: Blast Disrupts Bride’s Wedding Shoot, Video Goes Viral
- Losing Job As A College Bus Driver Due To COVID-19, Woman Resorts To Driving Ambulance