Georgia Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene’s husband, Perry Greene, filed a divorce with Floyd County Superior Court on 28 September, Wednesday citing “irretrievably broken in a local report. Soon the divorce news created a buzz. Marjorie Taylor in response released a statement confirming divorce.
10 Things to know about Marjorie Taylor Greene divorce
-Marjorie Taylor Greene and Perry Greene got married in August 1995, while Greene was still a student at the University of Georgia. Marjorie Taylor Greene and Perry Greene together had a marriage of 27 years.
– The couple together has three adult children
– Perry Greene filed for divorce as their marriage has hit rock bottom. The case filed includes documents that contain sensitive personal and financial information. In a statement, Perry Greene said that Taylor has been his best friend for the last 29 years, and also called her an amazing mom.
-Rep. Marjorie Taylor in the statement said, “Marriage is a wonderful thing and I’m a firm believer in it.”
– Further commenting on her family and marriage said, “Our society is formed by a husband and wife creating a family to nurture and protect. Together, Perry and I formed our family and raised three great kids. He gave me the best job title you can ever earn: Mom. I’ll always be grateful for how great of a dad he is to our children.”
-According to court documents in a report, Perry Greene said the couple had split up before. He wants to divvy up their assets and debts equally, the filing says.
-Perry also in a statement said that family is the most important thing we have done. We chose different paths but we will continue to focus on our 3 incredible kids and their future endeavors and our friendship.
– Marjorie Taylor Greene is an American politician, businesswoman, and reportedly a far-right conspiracy theorist, who has served as the U.S. representative for Georgia’s 14th congressional district since 2021.
– Marjorie Taylor Greene has been a member of the Republican Party and a strong supporter of former president Donald Trump.
-Greene’s spouse Perry Greene took over her father’s company Taylor Construction in 1997. Taylor was CEO, his son-in-law the company’s president.
Suggested Reading- Why Are Young Women Discouraged From Asking Questions About Divorce?