#News

Kerala Court Restrains Arrest of Actor Dileep In 2017 Sexual Assault Case

2017 sexual assault case ,kerala actor sex assault case ,actor dileep moves to kerala HC ,Actor Dileep Case
Justice Gopinath P stated that the court needs to check the statement made by film director Balachandra Kumar against actor Dileep in the 2017 assault case of a female Malayalam actor. The court has restrained the arrest of actor Dileep till Tuesday.

The arrest of Malayalam actor Dileep has been restrained by the Kerala court in the 2017 sexual assault case till Tuesday, January 18, 2022. The bench said that it will check the statement of film director Balachandra Kumar against the actor upon which the case has been made.

The Crime Branch of Kerala Police has registered a new case against the actor and nine other people for threatening the investigating officers of the assault case on January 9. They all were booked under the Indian Penal Code sections 116 (abetment of an offence punishable with imprisonment), 118 (concealing design to commit an offence punishable with death or imprisonment for life), 120B (party to criminal conspiracy), 506 (criminal intimidation), and 34 (criminal act done by several people).


Suggested Reading: 10 Things Women Should Stop Doing To Save Themselves From Sexual Assault Say Leaders


The FIR named actor Dileep as the first accused following by Anoop, Dileep’s brother and brother-in-law, Suraj as the second and third accused respectively. Other accused includes Babu and Chengamanad and one more accused is yet to be recognised.

Some audio clips came to light in which Dileep and other accused were allegedly threatening the investigating officials after which a complaint had been filed with the Crime Branch by Deputy Superintendent of Police Baiju Paulose.

The FIR alleged that the actor conspired to chop off the hand of investigating officer Sudharshan. The officers against which the threats had been made were Baiju Paulose, Sudarshan, Sandhya, and Sojan. The actor had said referring to these officers that they will suffer, the FIR stated.

The actor has been booked as an accused in the Actress Assault Case of 2017. The case alleged the molestation and abduction of an female actor who worked in Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam-language films.