Kamala Harris was born 20th October 1964. On Kamala Harris’ birthday here’s a look at the seven most important moments in her career
- She is the Democratic vice presidential nominee for the 2020 election.
- Harris is an American politician and attorney who has served as the junior United States senator from California since 2017
- In 2017, Kamala D. Harris was sworn in as a United States Senator for California, the second African-American woman and first South Asian-American senator in history
- She serves on the Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, the Select Committee on Intelligence, the Committee on the Judiciary, and the Committee on the Budget.
After earning an undergraduate degree from Howard University and a law degree from the University of California, Hastings, she began her career in the Alameda County District Attorney’s Office.
- In 2003, Kamala became the District Attorney of the City and County of San Francisco.
Kamala has spent her life fighting injustice. It’s a passion that was first inspired by her mother, Shyamala, an Indian-American immigrant, activist, and breast cancer researcher.
- Here’s what she said about her mother. “My mother taught me that no matter how you earn a living, whether you’re a caregiver or truck driver, grocery store clerk or small business owner, every job has inherent value and worth.”
My mother taught me that no matter how you earn a living, whether you’re a caregiver or truck driver, grocery store clerk or small business owner, every job has inherent value and worth. pic.twitter.com/qjUkMvtquA
— Kamala Harris (@KamalaHarris) January 9, 2021