Grammy week 2021: Grammy Week 2021 will start off with a new event titled ‘Women in the Mix’. The aim of this event highlight and amplify female voices.
This includes the voices of female producers, artists, engineers and executives in the music industry. The announcement states that the event aims to “champion women who set the tone for their own communities and work to close gender gaps on and offstage.”
It follows the Recording Academy’s “Women in the Mix Pledge”, which was launched in 2019. The event will be putting the spotlight on female producers and engineers in the music industry. It also aims to encourage mentorships between women established in the industry and aspiring women. The event will feature panels, discussions, and performances which will be announced in the following weeks.
Confirmed participants till now include –
- Ingrid Andress: Three-time Grammy-nominated singer and songwriter
- Nova Wav: The duo Denisia “Blue Jone” Andrews and Brittany “Chi” Coney, three-time Grammy-nominated songwriters
- Leslie Ann Jones: Five-time Grammy-winning engineer
- Cyndi Lauper: Two-time Grammy-winning singer/songwriter
- Sheila E.: Grammy-nominated artist and percussionist
- Ebonie Smith: Music producer, engineer & singer/songwriter
- Tina Tchen: President and CEO of Time’s Up
Additional participants will be announced in the coming weeks. Grammy Week 2021 will be a virtual event taking place on Monday, March 2, 2021. The awards ceremony will air live on CBS on March 14.