Elon Musk children are once again under the spotlight after Musk’s transgender daughter requested a name change to reflect her gender identity, and cutting off her ties with her father.
Elon Musk's daughter filed documents in the California court that stated that she no longer wants to “live with or wish to be related to my biological father in any way, shape or form”.
Named Xavier Alexander Musk at birth, Musk’s daughter petitioned the California court for a name change and a new birth certificate that reflected her gender identity. Her current name was redacted in the online document.
The founder and CEO of Tesla, Inc and founder of The Boring Company Elon Musk was reportedly the father of seven children. Musk and his ex-wife Justine Wilson have five children together and Musk has two children with the musician Grimes. However according to recent reports, he had another set of twins in 2021 before Grimes gave birth.
All You Need To Know About Elon Musk Children
- Elon Musk and Canadian author Justine Wilson had a child named Nevada Alexander Musk in 2002. He tragically passed away due to Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) at 10 weeks.
- Musk and Wilson turned to in vitro fertilisation (IVF) and Wilson gave birth to twins. Griffin Musk and his transgender sister were born in 2004 and are now 18 years old.
- Musk and Wilson used IVF once again and gave birth to triplet sons Kai, Damian, and Saxon Musk in 2006.
The couple got divorced in 2008 and share custody of their five children.
- In 2018, Musk began dating Canadian musician and singer, Claire Elise Boucher, known as Grimes in 2018. Two years later, she gave birth to their son X AE A-XII Musk. X’s name was changed from X Æ A-12 as “Æ” and “12” violated California law for not being part of the English alphabet, thus causing the name change.
In September 2021, Grimes revealed that she and Musk had broken up.
- In March 2022, Grimes revealed that her and Musk’s first daughter Exa Dark Sideræl Musk was born via surrogate in December 2021. Exa was given the nickname Y. Grimes revealed that she and Musk had broken up once again, after an article where she called Musk her “boyfriend” was released.
- According to reports, Musk had another set of twins with Shivon Zilis, top executive of Neuralink, a company co-founded by Musk.
- On April 25, 2022, Musk and Zilis filed a petition to have the names of their twins changed. According to the court document, Musk and Zilis attempted to change the name of their twins to have their father’s last name and their mother’s last name as their middle name.
- For long, only seven children were known to have born to Elon Musk but as per the recent reports, he now has nine children. Teslo CEO reportedly had his twins with Zilis secretly in 2021. Just after the twins. Grimes' child was also born. Many have wondered what could be the reason Musk decided to keep his twins away from the pubic eye? Musk has been vocal about his relationships in appropriate amount so far.
Suggested Reading: Elon Musk's Transgender Daughter, No Longer Wants To Be Related To Him