A young Indian activist Disha Ravi is in global spotlight for having edited and contributed to the Greta Thunberg Toolkit. The Delhi police force has claimed that Ravi, an activist from Bengaluru, was an editor of the 'toolkit Google doc' and 'key conspirator' in building the document with Swedish activist Greta Thunberg. They claim Ravi was involved in "formulation and dissemination" of the doc.
Here is all you need to know about the Disha Ravi Toolkit Case
- Disha Ravi is a young activist from Bengaluru
- She started the Fridays for Future movement
- She and her organisation work closely with Greta Thunberg's mission for climate change.
- Ravi was arrested for being part of the Greta Thunberg toolkit and for sharing her perspective for the mobilisation of the farmer protests in India
- The arrest was done in Bengaluru.
- India's farmers have been protesting new farm laws in India in wide-ranging protests across the country.
- The Delhi police which arrested Ravi also said that Ravi and others “collaborated with pro-Khalistani Poetic Justice Foundation to spread disaffection against the Indian State.”
- Social media, activists and many public speakers are questioning the premise of the arrest.
- Congress secretary Priyanka Gandhi has come to speak in Disha Ravi's favour and demanded her release. "People with guns are afraid of an unarmed girl. Rays of courage and hope are being spread through an unarmed girl #ReleaseDishaRavi #DishaRavi #IndiaBeingSilenced," tweeted the Congress leader.
- Many campaigners, politicians have come to speak in favour of Disha Ravi and questioned her arrest. "The Indian state must be standing on very shaky foundations if Disha Ravi, a 22-year-old student of Mount Carmel College and a climate activist, has become a threat to the nation," said Congress leader P Chidambaram.
- The Patiala House Court in Delhi on Tuesday has allowed Ravi to access the FIR filed against her along with the remand application. She is also allowed to have daily meetings with her lawyer and family members.
Disha Ravi Toolkit Case : A young Indian activist Disha Ravi is in global spotlight for having edited and contributed to the Greta Thunberg Toolkit.
- Disha Ravi Toolkit Case: After Disha Ravi, Delhi police is also looking to arrest lawyer-activist Nikita Jacob.