Delhi Lockdown, Here’s All You Need to Know As Per CM’s Announcement
For preventive measures to contain spread of Coronavirus outbreak, directions have been issued for lockdown in the whole territorial jurisdiction of Delhi from 0600 hrs on Monday 23rd March 2020 to midnight 31st March 2020. Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal announced the following:
- Extraordinary times call for extraordinary measures. Delhi will be under lockdown from tomorrow 6 AM until 31st March. Certain exceptions have been made to ensure essential items are available for purchase and basic services continue to operate.
- We are providing 72 lakh people free ration, doubling pensions. In addition to this, I urge all employers to provide paid leave, including to domestic helps. Not only is this a compassionate gesture, it is essential for our economy to survive.
- Delhi government have started free meals at night shelters across the city. “Anyone can walk into these places and have meals. We don’t want anyone to suffer due to hunger,” says CM Arvind Kejriwal.
- Delhi govt is marking all homes with persons advised to home quarantine. I appeal to all not to stigmatize such families. Please be empathetic and supportive towards them. The marking is aimed only at cautioning others for their own safety.
- Each of us must realise the gravity of the threat, stay indoors & wash our hands regularly By protecting yourself, you also protect those around you. The number of Covid-19 cases in India has doubled in less than a week. We should be prepared to see a surge in cases but we must not panic. It is the time to be strong and united as a nation. We must support one another.