Omicron Symptoms: India has reported 1,270 cases of Omicron so far. Cases have been reported from majority of the Indian states. Most state governments across the country have imposed night curfew. Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal has imposed yellow alert in the city. New Year parties have been banned in most Indian states as cases surge.
World Health Organisation’s chief Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus recently said in a statement that the Omicron variant is very transmissible and is leading to a tsunami of COVID cases. He also added that this virus will continue to evolve and threaten the health systems if the collective response to fighting the virus is not improved.
Here’s a list of COVID-19 symptoms that you must be aware of -:
Symptoms of Omicron
- According to experts, some symptoms of Omicron are different from Delta variant while some are same.
- According to experts, fatigue, joint pain, cold and headaches are four common signs of omicron that are different from that of the Delta variant.
- Another important thing to note is that loss of taste and smell is not a symptom of Omicron unlike Delta variant.
- According to an AIIMS doctor, Omicron might not lead to breathlessness like Delta or another previous variant of the COVID-19. This is because the new variant multiplies in the throat and not in the respiratory system. As a result, the new variant doesn’t affect lungs much.
- Nausea accompanied by vomiting and loss of appetite are also two symptoms that have appeared.
- Mild fever, scratchy throat, runny nose and sneezing are others symptoms of omicron variant.
- Appearance of red and purple bumps on fingers and toes is another symptom that has been explored recently by experts.