Television actress Divya Bhatnagar had been undergoing COVID-19 treatment and was put on ventilator support last week. She was reportedly suffering from pneumonia for many days. The Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai actress passed on in Mumbai at the age of 34.
Here are five things you should know about Divya Bhatnagar:
1. Bhatnagar was hospitalised at Mumbai’s SevenHills hospital after contracting novel coronavirus in November and was in a critical condition as her oxygen level dropped to 71. She had also been taken to a different hospital to ensure better medical facilities, HT reported. The 34-year-old actress had high blood pressure.
2. She was hospitalised on November 26, her brother had told the Times of India on December 1. “She was already suffering from pneumonia, which has worsened owing to coronavirus. Initially, she was on non-invasive ventilation to support her breathing, but is on ventilator now because of all the exertion of shifting hospitals. We want her to recover from the pneumonia, which has spread,” he added.
3. Bhatnagar’s mother indicated that her daughter was separated from her husband Gagan, an artiste manager, TOI reported. She got married in December last year, however, her marriage fell apart and she was also under a lot of stress due to that.
4. She was shooting for the comedy show Tera Yaar Hoon Main when she had to be rushed to the hospital. As she was reportedly going through a financial crisis, some of her co-stars and the production house of the show helped her during this difficult time.
5. Besides the popular television serial Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, Bhatnagar was also seen in shows like Udaan, Sanware Sabko Preeto, Jeet Gayi Toh Piyaa Morre and Vish among others.
Feature Image Credit: Jagran