#News

Comedian Chris D’Elia Accused Of Child Sexual Exploitation And Soliciting Child Porn

Chris D'Elia
Chris D’Elia: The actor has been accused of child sexual exploitation and soliciting child porn from a 17-year old high school student in 2014.

Whitney fame actor Chris D’Elia has been accused of child sexual exploitation and soliciting sexually explicit photos and videos from an underage girl. A civil lawsuit was filed against the 40-year old actor in California federal court on Tuesday, accusing him of engaging in sexual activity with a 17-year old and violating the child pornography laws.

The complainant claimed that she was a 17-year old high school student when she connected to the then 34-year old on social media in 2014. She is one of a many women who have accused him of preying on them when they were underage.

According to the statement of the plaintiff, Chris knew the girl was underage and even commented on a photo of hers dressed for ‘spirit day’ when she was in school. It further stated that the comedian invited the minor to one of his shows. When she attended the one in Connecticut, he engaged in sexual activities with her in his hotel room before he went onstage, as alleged by the plaintiff.

Furthermore, the lawsuit also claimed that Chris asked the plaintiff several times during those interactions to tell him how old she was and she made it clear to him that she was 17. However, the accused reportedly found it “hot” how young she was.

“He constructed a manipulative, controlling, and abusive dynamic in which he demanded the minor provide him sexually explicit images of herself over the internet, directed her what specific sexual poses and acts she should perform for him, and psychologically punished her when she refused,” the paperwork stated.

Moreover, the lawsuit stated that he got hold of over 100 sexually explicit photos and videos from the girl, which is “all in violation of federal child pornography and sexual exploitation laws.”

However, the age of consent in Connecticut is 16. The lawsuit does not say where the plaintiff was residing when Chris allegedly obtained the sexually explicit images.

A representative of the accused said in a statement to Daily News on Tuesday that he has denied all the allegations and will defend himself against them in the court.

Previous accusations against Chris D’Elia

The lawsuit comes in less than a year after Chris was called out by several women on Twitter, accusing him of sexual misconduct and grooming, most of them being underage. The screenshots of email and Facebook messenger conversations allegedly between the girls and Chris were also shared along with the tweets.

Moreover, before the Twitter call-out, he was previously accused by two women, first in 2011 and then in 2018, of exposing himself in separate incidents.

After those accusations surfaced, he was dropped by his management company and a few projects he was a part of.

In February 2021, the accused released a video statement, confronting the sexual misconduct allegations against him, stating, “I do know how it looks with all the stuff that’s been said…I know it looks bad, and it doesn’t show the full scope of what happened. I stand by the fact that all my relationships have been consensual and legal. That’s the truth.”

However, he continued, “sex controlled my life. And I have a problem…I need to do work on that.” Moreover, he apologized to all who had been impacted by his activities in the video, saying, “I’m sorry.”

Feature Image Credits: MSN