CBSE Class 10 Result: Bhavana N Sivadas And Taru Jain Among Toppers
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on Monday announced the Class 10 board result for the year 2019 and six girls out of thirteen toppers trumped the exams. Bhavana N Sivadas from Kerala and Taru Jain from Jaipur are among the all India toppers in CBSE Class-10th exams and have outperformed a massive 18 lakh students who appeared for the exam with 499 marks out of 500, News agency ANI has reported.
Girls outperformed boys once again by 2.31 percent with a 92.45 percent pass percentage over 90.14 percent of boys. Meanwhile, transgender students scored even better with a pass percentage of 94.74 percent. This is even higher than their pass percentage of 83.33 percent in 2018.
Among 13 toppers with a joint rank of No. 1, Taru Jain, a student of St. Angela Sophia Senior Secondary School, Jaipur, made it to the list with a score of 499/500. She revealed her secret success mantra for making it to the top position.
“I feel really good, I used to study for 4-5 hours,” Taru told ANI. She credited her parents, teachers and principal for the support she got to clear her exam.
“I want to pursue Economics (Hons.) from Delhi University,” said the CBSE Class 10th topper
Key highlights of CBSE Class 10 Results:
- Of 18 lakh students who appeared for the board examination this year, Kerala’s Bhavana N Sivadas and Taru Jain from Jaipur emerged as all India toppers.
- This year, total pass percentage is 91.1 %
- 13 students topped the CBSE Class 10 exams with 499 out of 500 marks. Seven of them are boys and six girls.
- Trivandrum (99.85%), Chennai (99%), Ajmer (95.89%) are the top three regions.
- Transgender students have fared better than both boys and girls.
- A total of 97 students share the top three positions.
The prime minister congratulated the youngsters on Twitter saying, “Proud of my young friends who have successfully cleared the CBSE Class X examinations.”
Rajyavardhan Rathore, too, took to Twitter congratulating the students saying, “I’m so glad to see such young high achievers who successfully cleared life’s first big test,” the Union minister tweeted.
Union Minister Smriti Irani also shared her happiness on Twitter, by sharing the result of her daughter who had appeared for the Class 10 board exams.
Feature Image Credit: ANI