UP Girls Hansika Shukla and Karishma Arora Top CBSE Class 12 Exams
The CBSE Class 12 results have been declared and girls have yet again come out as winners. Two girls from Uttar Pradesh schools have been declared toppers on Thursday by the board. Overall, 84.3% of the students who appeared for the Class 12 exams have passed.
Hansika Shukla from Ghaziabad, and Karishma Arora from Muzaffarnagar have topped with both scoring 499 out of 500 marks.
“I topped CBSE Class 12 board exams without any tuition,” Hansika said in an interview with ABP News. “I knew I’d do good but never expected that I would acquire the top spot. Credit goes to my mother who made sure that my phone is far away from me when studying,” she thanked her mom who is an Associate Professor at a college in Ghaziabad and her father who works as a Secretary in the Rajya Sabha.
“My father called me from his office, but I couldn’t take his call. Then my mother called and congratulated me and told me that I had topped the exams. I couldn’t believe it,” she told ABP news.
She now wants to pursue Bachelors in Psychology and then go on to join the Indian Foreign Services.
“Psychology is my passion and I want to follow it. As far as career is concerned, I want to join the Indian Foreign Services as I am fascinated with the dynamics of foreign affairs,” she added.
Meanwhile, “Not surprised’, says CBSE 12th topper Hansika Shukla’s teacher Abhilasha to Hindustan Times.
“She has performed meticulously in the internals as well. She is a disciplined child. We expected her to be topper,” said Abhilasha.
Congratulating the toppers and all the students, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Union Education Minister Prakash Javadekar wished the students. “Congratulations to all my young friends who have successfully passed the CBSE Class XII examinations. My best wishes to them for their endeavours. Kudos also to their parents and teachers for the valuable support,” PM Modi tweeted.
- Around 13 lakh students appeared for the CBSE exam.
- Like last year girls outshone boys this year too with 88.70 pass percentage as compared to 79.4 per cent of the boys.
- The overall pass percentage is 83.4 in 2019 as opposed to 83.01 percent in 2018.
- The pass percentage of transgender students is 83. 3%
- Hansika is from DPS Meerut Road in Ghaziabad while Karishma studies in SD Public School in Muzaffarnagar.
- The three regions which stood at the top in the result tally are Trivandrum (Kerala) with 98.2 per cent pass, Chennai with 92.93 per cent and Delhi with 91.87 per cent
- Foreign schools have secured a pass percentage of 95.43%
- This year girls outperformed boys by 9 percent.
On the other hand, three girls – Gaurangi Chawla of Rishikesh, Aishwarya of KV Rai Bareilly, Bhavya BR of Haryana – secured second rank with 498 marks each. Neeraj Jindal and Mehak Talwar from Delhi are among 18 students to rank third in the exams.
The Union Minister Smriti Z Irani, too, is all praise for her son for scoring well in the CBSE Class 12 exams.
HRD minister Prakash Javadekar took to his Twitter account to congratulate the students who passed the Class 12 CBSE exams. “Congratulations #KV for 98.54 % success & #JNV for 96.62% success rate even the general result is 83.4 % . Government schools have fared better @kvsedu,” he tweeted.
Feature Image Credit: TOI