Ariel Young: A 5-year-old girl Ariel Young suffered major injuries in a car crash that involved Kansas City Chief assistant coach Britt Reid.
It has been now reported that Young is suffering from permanent brain damage because of the accident. Her lawyer, Tom Porto said on Tuesday, “She likely has permanent brain damage that she will endure for the rest of her life.
“She’s not walking — it’s a sad, sad, sad story,” he added.
Here’s what we know of the accident:
- Ariel Young, a five-year-old girl, was travelling in a Chevrolet Traverse car near a highway in Kansas City when the car was hit by Reid’s car on February 4, 2021.
- Britt Reid’s car hit two vehicles together. Young was sitting in the second car with her 4-year-old cousin and two adults. All three of them including the driver in the first car suffered non-fatal injuries.
- Reid allegedly told the police that he had had two to three drinks including a prescribed medication of Adderall.
- As per the pictures obtained from the accident site, the car in which Ariel Young had gone through serious damage. The back seat in which Young was sitting had been totally flattened and was unrecognisable according to reports.
- As of yet, no charges have been filed against Britt Reid. It was reported that Reid too suffered injuries after the accident and was taken to the hospital but it wasn’t disclosed what injuries he faced.
- Reid reportedly has been put on administrative leave by his Kansas City Chiefs team and was not seen at the Super Bowl.