Ten things on Anjana Om Kashyap-Sneha Dubey interview: In pursuit of an interview with Sneha Dubey, things did not go well for journalist Anjana Om Kashyap. The video of Sneha Dubey politely asking the journalist to leave her alone went viral on social media over the weekend, leaving many netizens questioning the ethics of Anjana Om Kashyap’s journalism. The renews anchor is being severely trolled for crossing journalism boundaries.
Kashyap is being criticised for violating the personal space of the UN envoy who clearly wasn’t on board to give an interview. In the clip, one can also see Kashyap touch Dubey on her arm and this act by a journalist has also not gone well with many.
Here are 10 things to know about the Anjana Om Kashyap-Sneha Dubey Controversy.
- A well known Indian news anchor, Anjana Om Kashyap, has been covering the United Nations General Assembly, 2021 in the United States of America.
- While speaking on camera, Kashyap can be seen barging into a room where India’s first secretary to United Nations, Sneha Dubey was sitting.
- Dubey has been in news since September 25 for her rebuttal to Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan’s statement on Kashmir at theUnited Nations.
- The IPF officer of the 2012 batch called out Pakistan for harbouring terrorists, calling it an arsonist which is disguising itself as a firefighter.
- In an attempt to get an exclusive byte from the IFS officer, Kashyap casually touches Dubey’s arm and says, “I know you don’t want to talk…because the whole country wants to hear you speak. What you did today at the UN might be routine work for you but it’s a huge thing for the country,” as seen in the clip.
- Dubey politely greets Kashyap and says that she has nothing new to add post-speech, clearly, rejecting Kashyap’s invitation for a one-on-one interview.
- Then, Dubey tries to hide her face and points Kashyap towards the door, directing her to leave.
- This sort of behaviour has earned Kashyap social media flak in the past as well. In 2019, Kashyap got criticised for entering an ICU ward at a Government Hospital in Muzaffarpur and shouting at doctors, who were attending sick children, for ‘bytes’.
- While many Twitter users criticised Kashyap for violating a person’s personal space for an interview, some have also defended her by saying that both women were doing their job.
- No comments have been made on the controversy by both Anjana Om Kashyap and the channel, Aaj Tak, whom she was representing there.
Sometimes Barging In Does Not Get You An Interview…
Tragic Photo from J&K Surfaces, People React with Sarcasm: Are We Losing Empathy?
Sushant Singh Rajput’s Death: Media Coverage Hits A New Low