Bollywood actor Kirron Kher, and politician, was diagnosed with multiple myeloma, a type of blood cancer, and is undergoing treatment for the same in Mumbai.
Her husband Anupam Kher revealed the news on behalf of their son Sikander Kher. “Just so that rumours don’t get the better of a situation Sikandar and I would like to inform everyone that Kirron has been diagnosed with multiple myeloma, a type of blood cancer,” he said in a statement. He also said that Kirron is a ‘fighter’ and that she is being looked out for by some really good doctors. Anupam Kher thanked Kirron’s fans for showing their concerns.
Checkout Anupam Kher’s statement here:
— Anupam Kher (@AnupamPKher) April 1, 2021
Here are some things to know about actor Kirron Kher’s ongoing battle with cancer:
- On Wednesday, BJP Chandigarh BJP president Arun Sood revealed that actor Kirron Kher was suffering from blood cancer. He gave his statement in a virtual press conference.
- Sood said that actor Kirron Kher was being treated for cancer since last year.
- On 11 November last year, Kirron Kher had suffered a broken left arm at her Chandigarh house.
- A set of medical tests were then conducted by the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) in Chandigarh. They revealed that she was suffering from multiple myeloma, a type of blood cancer.
- She then had to go for treatment in Mumbai on December 4 as cancer had spread to her left arm and right shoulder.
- Sood also added that Kirron Kher is recovering after her four-month-long treatment at the Kokilaben hospital in Mumbai. However, she has to visit the hospital regularly even though she isn’t admitted any more.
- Anupam Kher revealed the news about his wife’s condition on social media a day after Arun Sood released his statement. Talking about Kher’s struggle with cancer, Anupam Kher wrote, ” She’s always been a fighter and takes things head on.”