10 Things To Know About Malvi Malhotra Stabbing Case
Actor Malvi Malhotra is currently admitted in Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital she was allegedly stabbed in the abdomen by her stalker on Monday night. Reportedly, the accused was pestering Malhotra to marry him.
Malhotra has worked in the Bollywood movie Hotel Milan and has acted in Tamil films Ondikku Ondi and Unadhan. She is from Himachal Pradesh and started her career as a model featuring in ads for beauty and clothing brands. Malhotra worked in theatre before bagging a role in Udaan in 2017.
Here are 10 things you should know about Malvi Malhotra stabbing incident
- Actor Malvi Malhotra was stabbed allegedly by Yogesh Mahipal Singh. He stabbed her in the abdomen and in both hands, on Monday night.
- She was attacked in Versova while she was on her way back home from a café.
- Malhotra knew Yogesh for a year but had stopped talking to him. Malhotra in her statement to the police told she came to know Singh through Facebook a year ago and has met him only once. Moreover, she told that Singh was pestering her to marry but she refused.
- On Monday around 9 pm, Singh followed Malhotra and questioned her for avoiding him which reportedly transformed into a heated argument. Following the argument, Singh allegedly stabbed Malhotra.
- The police have registered an FIR under section 307 of the Indian Penal Code. After the incident, Malhotra fled from the spot and was untraceable.
- On Wednesday, Mumbai police traced the accused in Mumbai but he is yet to be arrested as he is hospitalised. Read more about it here.
- Malvi also asked Bollywood actor Kangana Ranaut to help her as they both belong to the same town in Himachal Pradesh.
- Kangana Ranaut supported her and requested NCW chief to take immediate against the accused.
- On Kangana’s request, NCW assured of immediate action. She wrote, “Will be talking to @CPMumbaiPolice
tomorrow itself @KanganaTeam.”
- Malvi Malhotra is now stable and is recovering.
Man who fled after stabbing TV actress Malvi Malhotra in Mumbai traced. He is yet to be arrested as he is hospitalised: Police
— Press Trust of India (@PTI_News) October 28, 2020
Dear Malvi I am with you, I read you are critical, I pray for you dear girl, requesting @sharmarekha ji to take immediate actions against the culprit, we are with you and we will get you justice. Please have faith 🙏
— Kangana Ranaut (@KanganaTeam) October 27, 2020
Shocked on hearing this piece of news. Hope you get the justice you deserve @malvimalhotra. Sick people like that will get what’s coming to them. Our prayers and support is with you.
It was great to see you in Dubai recently for the @FitnglamM international shoot. #MalviMalhotra https://t.co/whe09dG8lf pic.twitter.com/jpK4tNEgZD
— Dr. Bu Abdullah 🇦🇪 (@Dr_BuAbdullah) October 28, 2020
Image Credits: Zee News
Sanskriti Tiwari is an intern with SheThePeople.TV.