Buckingham Palace announced that Princess Beatrice and her husband Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi are expecting a baby in the autumn. Princess Beatrice Wiki Bio
The Queen has been informed and both the families are delighted with the news. The announcement has come at a time when the royal family is mourning the death of the Duke of Edinburgh, who died last month.
Princess Beatrice is a member of the British Royal family. She is the elder of Prince Andrew and Sarah. Beatrice is the ninth in the line of succession to the British throne.
10 things to know about Princess Beatrice Wiki Bio
- Princess Beatrice was born in London. She attended St. George’s School, Ascot and graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in History from Goldsmiths College.
- Beatrice is the Vice President of strategic partnerships at the Software Company ‘Afiniti’. Prior to that, she worked briefly at the Foreign Office and Sony Pictures. She is known as Beatrice York in her professional life.
- The princess privately works with a number of charitable organisations. These also include Teenage Cancer Trust and Outward Bound. She has also supported the non-profit organisation Kairos Society.
- In 2008, Beatrice volunteered as a sales assistant at Selfridges. At that time, she was interested in pursuing a career at the Financial Times Website.
- In 2009, she became the first member of the royal family to appear in a non-documentary film, The Young Victoria. However, the role she received was a small one and she didn’t even have a dialogue.
- In April 2010, she became the first member of the family to complete the London Marathon. She ran to raise money for Children in crisis, a non-profit organisation that aims at improving the lives of children and women from underprivileged backgrounds in underdeveloped countries.
- Princess Beatrice is in charge of an Afiniti programme that engages senior business chiefs all over the world to support women in leadership. She works with the programme through speaking engagements as well as charity endeavours.
- Beatrice is the patron of Forget Me Not Children’s Hospice. It supports children who are suffering from life-shortening conditions in West Yorkshire and North Manchester.
- In Nov 2012, she became a patron of the York Musical Society and in 2013, she became a patron of the Helen Arkeli Dyslexia Centre. She credits the organisation for helping her overcome her own academic challenges resulting from dyslexia.
- In 2020, she married a property developer Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi. The wedding gown she wore went for a display at Windsor Castle, the royal residence at Windsor in Berkshire.