Ankita Lokhande, the Pavitra Rishta actor has been in the news ever since the death of the Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput. From receiving distasteful comments on social media to struggling to cope with her mental health issues, she had to put up with several difficult situations.
Recently, Lokhande has been vocal about her battle with depression. In an Instagram live session, the actor did on Monday, she opened up on receiving ‘nasty comments’ from SSR fans whenever she posted a lip-sync or dance videos.
Sushant Singh Rajput and Ankita Lokhande were in a six-year-long relationship that ended back in 2016. Rajput was found dead on 14th June 2020 in his apartment in Bandra.
Here are 5 things Ankita Lokhande mentioned about battling depression:
- In the video, Lokhande said that she has been through depression and no one came to her support except for her family.
- Lokhande said that she has been in a worse and unstable condition, and she has cried in a lot of pain, but she never let anyone realise about it.
- The actor revealed that she received a lot of hate for creating videos on Instagram. She said that everyone has their own way of healing, and her self-motivation to stay positive was to create dance videos and content reels on Instagram.
- Lokhande also revealed that most of the time, she forced herself to change her thought process, dress up, and change her look in order to feel better.
- In the video, she also called out trolls who shamed her for moving into another relationship and criticised her for ‘being happy’ after SSR’s death. “Why do people blame me for what I haven’t done? Why are people saying everything against me right now? Where were they when my life was changing after a breakup with SSR?” Lokhande further said that no one knows her real story and that she is tired of online abuses and needs her peace of mind.
When news of Rajput’s death came, netizens flocked Lokhande’s social media timelines for potential information. Old Instagram photos on her profile began to amass a volley of abuses and comments from users.