Who is Karan Mehra? TV actor Karan Mehra was arrested recently after his wife Nisha Rawal filed a complaint against him for beating her post an argument. The actor was arrested on Tuesday, June 1 and was released on bail after some time.
Here are 10 things we know about the Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai actor, Karan Mehra:
- Karan Mehra made his debut in the sci-fi-romance movie Love Story 2050 alongside Harman Baweja and Priyanka Chopra in 2008.
- Nisha filed a complaint against Karan alleging him to be beating her after an argument brawled between the two. The actor was arrested on June 1 and was shortly released on bail.
- Mehra studied acting at Kishore Namit Kapoor Acting Institute in Mumbai. Apart from this, he was also a fashion student at the National Institute of Fashion Technology, New Delhi.
- He worked with Rajkumar Hirani and Ram Gopal Varma in four movies as an assistant director. Before working as an actor in movies and TV serials, Karan worked in many commercials and modelling projects.
- Popularly known for his character Naitik Singhania in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, Mehra started working in TV serials in 2009 alongside Hina Khan. He worked in the show till 2016 after he quit the show owing to health concerns according to reports.
- Mehra appeared as a contestant in the reality TV show Bigg Boss season 10 with his co-star Rohan Mehra in the year 2016.
- MehraÂ married Nisha Rawal, a TV actress and model herself, in 2012. They dated for around six years before tying the know on 24 November 2012. The couple has a four-year-old son Kavish.
- Karan also participated in the reality dancing show Nach Baliye with his wife Nisha in 2016 and reality cooking show Kitchen Champion 5 in 2019. He is currently working on a show Mawaan Thandiyan Chawan in Punjab.
- Back in May, Karan addressed rumours regarding a rough patch in his marriage. He rubbished the rumours.
- Mehra has been charged with Indian Penal Code sections 336 (endangering human life or the personal safety others), 337 (causing hurt by an act which endangers human life), 332 (voluntarily causing hurt to deter public servant from his duty), 504 (intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace) and 506 (punishment for criminal intimidation) after Nisha filed a complaint against him in Goregaon police station, as per reports.